Friday, February 13, 2015

Inconsistant blogger for life!

Well, looks like I will never be one of those people who blog on a regular basis and show up every other Pinterest post.
I am okay with this. I made this blog for me, and it has suited me quite well in my self-discovery journey through life, and my never ending quest to try and understand other people.
Tis Friday the 13th *makes ghostly whoo noises* I didn't even notice till my elder brother sent a happy 13th message. Tomorrow is Valentine's day, my first time actually spending it with the Hubs.
We're going to marathon video games on our laptops for the weekend. As soon as he gets home from work we are heading to the grocery store and buying tons of snacks, and pizzas, and we're going to be teenagers with no jobs for a weekend. Monday is a Federal Holiday, so that is going to be our recovery day. I'm looking forward to this weekend, my adult symptoms will be that I will get extremely tired and want to go to sleep after 10pm, so I'll have to drink lots of green tea to stay up. But I can do it! :D
Not how most spend their V-day, but we are nothing like other couples I've learned over the years.
Though I did make homemade chocolates for him. They are amazing. I'll post pictures after I give them to him. Even will include the recipe. Promise.

I'm on my second semester of school now, since leaving the military. The first semester was busy busy busy. I took a class on Terrorism, Sociology in the Workplace, and Women and Social Action. It was a super educational semester. I learned so much about so many different things, I think I changed slightly as a person due to it.
This semester I am taking Cultural Diversity in the United States, Juvenile Delinquency, and History of the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S. It will be another educational semester. And after this I only have two classes left to take and I will be an undergraduate. Super exciting to think about.
Then I have to talk myself into continuing my original plan to pursue a Master's. (I day dreamed about a doctorate the other day, just so I can be called "Doctor") I'm lame like that. There is no reason for me to become a doctor.

Also on my list of things to do this year: I am doing the 2015-in-2015 Challenge. The goal is to run/walk 2015 miles in 2015. Cheesy, yes?
I am doing it, but I am not crazy, so I am not doing it alone. I conned talked two of my friends into doing it with me. So our team, altogether, will walk/run 2015 miles this year.
Epic.
I started late in January, and I strained my calf muscles so I had a week off. I only did 30.5 miles. We're two weeks into January and I am at 28.5 already. I would have more but this darn weather! Twice a week a blizzard passes by. It's getting ridiculous. I was gonna do another 4 miles today, but its 14 degrees Fahrenheit outside, with a windchill of -2. So no. I'm not running in that. You can get frostbite in 30 minutes technically in that kind of weather. No thanks.

Well, I think that is all I have for now. Just a quick update, to remind myself this blog is still here (And shows up in google now). Nothing interesting. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment